Celiveo Authentication Hardware refers to the card readers that are used to authenticate users at the device.
These card readers are supported:
- Proximity card reader
- Smart card reader
- Swipe card reader
Connecting Celiveo Authentication Hardware to the printer device
Celiveo Authentication Hardware, such as card readers, can be connected to the devices in two ways:
- Connect to the Celiveo Smart Appliance, or
- Connect directly to the device.
Connect to Celiveo Smart Appliance
- Connect a crossover fast Ethernet cable from the Celiveo Smart Appliance to the device.
- Connect a USB cable from the Celiveo Smart Appliance to the Celiveo Authentication Hardware (external card reader).
Connect to device
The Celiveo Authentication Hardware can be connected to a device as an external card reader using the USB port. If the device has only one USB port, a USB hub can be used to connect both the smart card and proximity card reader. Before you Switch on the device, make sure both the Celiveo Authentication Hardware and reader are connected to the device.
Connect the external Celiveo Authentication Hardware through USB
Connect the Celiveo Authentication Hardware (external) to a device using the following ways:
- Attach the back of the Celiveo Authentication to the device with a double-sided adhesive label.
- Use the two supplied adhesive cable brackets to guide the reader’s cable from the back of the device to the front.
To connect Celiveo Authentication Hardware
- Switch off the device and disconnect the power cable.
- Connect a USB cable from the Celiveo Authentication Hardware to the USB port on the device.
- Connect the device to the power cable.
- Switch on the device.
Connecting Celiveo Authentication Hardware (Embedded) using Hardware Integration Pocket (HIP)
HP devices, such as HP FutureSmart devices and Ricoh devices, such as Ricoh SOP G2.x Android printer devices support embedded authentication hardware. The Celiveo Embedded Authentication Hardware is connected to the device in the HIP (Hardware Integration Pocket).
To connect the Celiveo Embedded Authentication Hardware to HP FutureSmart devices:
- Switch off the device, and detach its power cable.
- Remove the HIP Cover.
- Locate the mini‐USB slot connector.
- Attach the Celiveo Embedded Authentication Hardware (mini‐USB reader) to the HIP cover.
- Plug the mini‐USB Reader into the mini‐USB plug.
- Mount the HIP cover with the mini‐USB reader onto the device.
- Plug in the device and switch it on.
Post your comment on this topic.