The prerequisites and required settings to be made on the Ricoh printer device for the installation of Celiveo 8 solution are as follows:
The system requirements for installing Celiveo 8 solution can be found here.
Ports and Communication
A comprehensive list of all the ports used by Celiveo solutions, describing the ports and applications used for communication between the Celiveo components that consist of the Celiveo Server Services, Web Admin Server, Active Directory, Database (SQL) server, the device, and the PC/laptop/workstation can be found here.
Before you install, make sure these prerequisites are met:
- The device is connected to an active LAN connection.
- The device has a fixed IP or DHCP reserved IP address.
- The network allows management by Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) v1/v2. Enable HTTPS for Ricoh secure access.
- From the device embedded web services, set the device session time to be longer than the default Celiveo Web Admin inactivity time out (30 sec).
By default, the CSA is set in DHCP mode. You can also opt for fixed IP network settings.
The steps to configure CSA for DHCP and for fixed IP network settings can be found here.
Celiveo Version upgrade on CSA
Follow the procedure given here to upgrade the Celiveo Version on CSA.
Ricoh SOP2.X printers and print jobs encryption
The encryption of the print jobs sending to Ricoh SOP2 printers is a feature that will be added to Celiveo Business+ and Enterprise edition during Summer 2020. In the meantime, please do not activate the encryption option in the Celiveo Virtual Printer settings. Using encryption before the feature is available will result in printing of non-sense characters on dozens of paper sheets.
Note: Celiveo Print jobs encryption occurs between the driver and the sending to the Ricoh SOP2.x printer over port 9100. The print job is stored fully encrypted on the CVP or CSVP storage.
The print job is not encrypted over the network, a future version will allow to support IPPS TLS protocol for transport over the network for an end-to-end security.
Multi-copy and pull print jobs on Ricoh MFPs, Ricoh Universal Postscript driver for Windows
When using the front panel to define the number of copies for the document, it is necessary to only define 1 copy in the original print job when the Postscript driver is used. If more than one copy of the printout is requested in the Ricoh Universal Postscript printer driver or within the Windows application then quantity has priority over the front panel multi-copy choice. This does not apply to PCL6 driver where the quantity can be defined on the driver and on the MFP front panel.
- RXOP can sometimes block the synchronization of the printer on the Web Admin. To solve this, reset IIS.
- Due to current technical firmware limitations, any upgrade of the Ricoh Agent erases the local users cache.
- Due to current technical firmware limitations, the encryption of SQL connection is available on Ricoh SOP2.x MFPs only through the web communication service. Direct SQL connection is possible without encryption only.
Ricoh Printer Setup
Setting up Ricoh for Celiveo Solution installation:
- Go to User Tools.
- Go to Machine Feature, and login as Machine Administrator.
- Go to User Tool > Screen Feature.
- Check that under Interface Setting, Machine Network is selected.
- Ensure that under Timer Settings, the System Auto Reset Timer and Printer Auto Reset Timer is turned off.
- Sync printer in Web Admin.