Before starting the migration validate that Phase 1 of the process described in the previous chapter is done.
Phase 2 – Replace Celiveo Server Services 8.0.x with CSVP
- Install the Celiveo 8 Web Admin on a separate server.
- Open the Celiveo 8 Web Admin and create a CSVP. This CSVP should be created with an AD access profile.
- Download the CSVP package and copy it to the Celiveo 8.0.x server.
- Back up the Celiveo Server Services configuration on the Celiveo 8.0.x server:
- Navigate to C:\Program Files\Jetmobile\Celiveo Server Services.
- Run SJ Print-PS Configuration as administrator.
- Click Save Configuration…
5. Execute the MigrationCVP.exe console application as Administrator on the Celiveo 8.0.x server.
Once the MigrationCVP.exe console application is successfully run, unzip the CSVP package and install the CSVP as administrator.
- If the backup is made following the method given in step #4, the CSVP can be installed by simply running installer.exe on the CSVP package as administrator. The default TCP Port on the CSS configurations will be ‘22000’.
- If the CSS backup is not performed on step #4 and if a different TCP port needs to be defined, please use the following method to install the CSVP on the Celiveo 8.0.x server:
- Open the command prompt as administrator.
- Go to the unzipped CSVP package folder using the command prompt.
- Type installer.exe -p< PORT_NUMBER > Ex: installer.exe -p2000
- Once the CSVP installation is complete, navigate to C:\Program Files\Celiveo\Celiveo Server Services and open SJ Print-PS Configuration as administrator.
- Navigate to the Roam Printing tab and copy the connection string.
Open the saved CSS configuration file and replace the Celiveo8.0.x DBConnectionString with the Celiveo 8 DBConnectionString.
“DbConnectionString”=“Provider=MSOLEDBSQL.1;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Data Source=\\;Initial Catalog=CeliveoDB;connect timeout=10;”
- If the old CSS configurations are not saved, all tabs need to be manually configured to match the existing configurations on the previous CSS.
- If the old CSS configurations are saved, follow the steps below:
i. Enable the Dual lookup checkbox.
ii. Enter the Celiveo 8.0.x connection string.
iii. Test the connection.
iv. Once the connection is successful, click Apply.
- Navigate to the Roam Printing tab and perform the following steps:
i. Enter the Celiveo 8 connection string.
ii. Test the connection.
iii. Once the connection is successful, click Apply.
Phase 3 – Migrate Celiveo 8.0.x Serverless Pull Print Clients to Celiveo CVP
- Create a CVP from the Celiveo 8 Web Admin.
- Download the CVP package and copy it to the Celiveo 8.0.x SPP client.
- Execute the MigrationCVP.exe console application as Administrator on the Celiveo 8.0.x client.
- Once the MigrationCVP.exe console application is successfully run, unzip the CVP package and install the CVP as administrator.
- Once the CVP installation is complete, perform a sign-out/sign-in on the client PC.
Phase 4- Migrate the SJPS User Enrollment Table to the new SQL DB
- In Celiveo 8.0.x database, right-click on SJPS > Task > Generate Script > Next
- Select Select specific database table > select dbo.T_Enrollment > Next
- Provide a name and a path for the file.
- Click Advanced.
- Select Data only in the *Types of data to script *
- Click OK then Next.
- Copy the script to the Celiveo 8 database.
- Execute the script on the Celiveo 8 database. Note: Make sure to log out and close all the opened Celiveo 8 Web Admin windows.
- Since the Celiveo 8 Web Admin has been opened before at least once, delete all records in the table dbo.MigrationStatus from the database.
- Open the Celiveo 8 Web Admin and Log in.
- Select Update users enrollment database.
- Click OK to confirm.
The migration starts.
- Once the migration is successful, a confirmation message displays.
- Close the backup popup.
- A user cannot have a mix of Celiveo 8.0.x SPP clients and Celiveo 8 CVP client workstations. If a user has multiple Celiveo 8.0.x SPP workstations, all of them need to be upgraded to Celiveo 8 CVP clients in order to use the Celiveo functionalities.
- Once the enrollment table is migrated, the users should not enroll using Celiveo 8.0.x printers.
- If there is any job left with the Celiveo 8.0.x SPP client, the jobs will be migrated to the new Celiveo 8 database upon migration of the SPP client to the Celiveo 8 CVP client. However, the tracking details listed below will not appear on the reports for the expired and deleted migrated jobs.
[PrinterFormatterNumber] = NULL
[Language] = Blank
[UserGroups] = NULL
[UserOUs] = NULL
[Language] = Blank
[UserGroups] = NULL
[UserOUs] = NULL
- If there is any job left with the SecureJet 7.0.x Serverless Pull Print Client, the jobs will be migrated to the new Celiveo 8 database upon the migration of the SecureJet 7.0.x Serverless Pull Print Client to the Celiveo 8 CVP client. However, the tracking information for the migrated jobs will not be displayed under FQDN and the currency will be based on the client machine’s local system account settings.
- Printer details for deleted jobs will not be available in the Celiveo 8 database after migrating the SJ7.0.x server SSS to Celiveo 8 CSS. Printer details will be populated only if that particular printer is available on the Celiveo 8 DB.
- Jobs generated from a SJ7.0.x SPP client will not be retrieved from a Celiveo 8 printer until the SJ7.0.x SPP client is upgraded to Celiveo 8 CVP client.
Last modified: 10 May 2022
Thanks for your feedback.
Post your comment on this topic.