This section explains the phased approach of migrating SecureJet/ Celiveo solutions from its previous releases to the latest Celiveo 8 version (8.8.x.x). Currently migration to Celiveo 8 version is supported from versions of SecureJet 7.0.5, 7.0.6, and Celiveo 8.0.1, 8.0.2.
In this approach, the new application (Celiveo 8 Web Admin) is installed alongside the old one (SecureJet/ Celiveo Web Admin), and both operate in tandem during the transition. Updates from both applications are posted to the database until the migration is complete. Once it has been validated that the new application is functioning correctly, the old one is removed (uninstalled).
For ease of understanding, lets term the Windows Server with existing solution as Legacy Server.
The migration approach currently follows these stages:
- Upgrading the existing database in the Legacy Server
- Migration of printers to Celiveo database (CeliveoDB)
Before you begin…
While upgrading from SecureJet 7.0.5, 7.0.6 and Celiveo 8.0.1, 8.0.2 to Celiveo 8 (8.x.x.x) versions:
- Ensure the minimum system requirements for installing Celiveo 8 solution are fulfilled. Refer to the System Requirements for Celiveo 8 for further details.
- Ensure that the Legacy Server containing the SecureJet or Celiveo solution is up to date. Ensure the printers are synchronized successfully in SecureJet/ Celiveo 8.0.2 Web Admin and you are able to successfully perform a pull print via the Virtual Pull Print client.
- Ensure you have the latest version of Celiveo 8, ready to be installed in the Legacy Server. You can get the latest version from the Downloads section.
- Ensure that HP FutureSmart printers are upgraded to at least 4.7.3 firmware version. If you have older firmware version such as 3.7 and below, it is recommended to upgrade the printers successively from 3.2-3.7 to 3.9 and then to 4.7.3 for a successful migration.
- IMPORTANT: A custom SQL script needs to be executed at the Legacy Server to upgrade the enrollment (SJPS) database to function successfully for Celiveo 8. Ensure you obtain a copy of custom SQL script before you start the migration process. Contact Support for more details on the custom SQL script.
- IMPORTANT: Ensure to back-up the SQL databases mainly SJPS and TGS (PrintManager/ PrintManager90) before you initiate the migration process.